Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Using the Rope/stick to Acclimate to Feet Being Touched; Beginning Lifting

 You can see Kai is pretty chill overall (I am considering the possibility that she is really not that tuned in. Will look into it). I want her relaxed (but tuned in) and am starting to throw in some Jim Masterson-type technique (he has excellent DVDs and books on massage and body stuff). I have not looked at it in years but at around 1:30 in the video you see my hand stop at a place low on her neck until she drops her head. Unfortunately in this instance she also decided to walk off (so it was not 100% effective!), but she has been quite receptive to some of the touch methods.

This video is from a few days ago. We are continuing work with feet and legs. I got her to lift with pressure... but then yesterday we went back a few steps as I went too far past threshold; she had the rope at her fetlock, but then walked off. Then licked and chewed.... I just taught her to walk off when the rope is at her legs. 😞

That isn't what happened here but here we hadn't gotten as far in this vis as to have her lift her leg with slight pressure from the rope. We are simply working on keeping the rope in place on the leg (at fetlock).



No comments: