Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Still Working on moving FORWARD!

Having trouble with getting her to step forward rather than trying to face me. I especially have trouble when using the lead line. I had a trainer over last week (more on that later hopefully) - she did it just fine, and a friend also tried and did it fine! In my defense, Kai knows me well and wants to be with me. She is used to me asking her to come TO me, not away from. These others presented her with a little fear and apprehension: way easier to get her to keep her distance!

Nonetheless, I need to get this CLEAR. First video is an example of my typical problem. In second video I backtrack a bit and begin leading her. Mildly successful at :50 but I feel like I am chasing her.

Third video I finally resort to removing the line and just going at liberty; it feels much more successful.



In this third video you can see how "sticky" she is! I am tapping her hip, asking (i.e., being annoying - rather than amplifying the tapping), until almost 30 seconds and I decide to amp it up, tap her back hip and she moves off (somewhat reluctantly and a bit pissy!). Also I don't care much if she trots vs walks. I just want her to get clear on forward.








No comments: