Monday, November 27, 2023

The Honeymoon is Over

It's time for me to bring on outside help! We have been pretty successful with a lot, but I know I am not clear enough in my direction at times. I always figured I'd have a professional come on board - we moved forward so fast that I hadn't anticipated it would be so soon, but all the better!... Now I am super-looking forward to it! The trainer has been a Mustang Makeover top ten finalist twice (out of two entries) and is about an hour from me.
I want to note that I do get "afraid" when trying to get to her hind feet. I have not posted the bucking and rearing. It can be intimidating indeed.
Also, she will, at some point, need a trim, and my trainer Kelby will do that in addition to covering all the "regular" skills Kai will need as a domestic horse.

So Yay us!! I think this is a timely and smart move. I feel bad for Kai stuck in this small pen, and being alone for so long. She will have a great experience for her (likely 30-day) stint at Kelby's. 

Meanwhile we continue to work on the same as what I have posted previously; now it's standing tied, and tasting my tools.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great plan! Sounds like you found a terrific resource for Kai with your trainer. With Kai's disposition, intelligence and physicality, she's going to make progress quickly!

Barbara Harmon said...

If anyone leaves a comment please let me know who you are!
Thank you Marion since you did (previously)!!!