Friday, November 3, 2023

Starting Rope Work (using line of lunge whip)

I started with just the rope portion of the whip. I thought a great idea since the rather-long whip itself is easy to confuse with a driving aid... More on this in another post (it is so fascinating to observe how INTENT makes so much difference in what the horse "hears" from you. Intent is important! Horses can be extremely intuitive and they seem to read intent much more clearly that we do!).

She does well with it and I'll continue work with this as well as my hands up and down the legs.
Then, just when she figures out we want her to keep her legs in place while they are being touched, she has to learn to NOT keep them in place and lift when asked! Understandably confusing!
The next challenge will be whether to use a line or rope to bring a foot up - or my hands.







No comments: