Monday, March 4, 2024

The Obstacle Arena Across the Street

Here in Pine Ridge (FL) the new-house-building is a bit insane. The formerly-empty lot across the street was purchased and is now under rapid construction. I'm so sad to lose even more of my park-like-setting here, but it has provided another opportunity with Kai! 

So yes, we have trespassed a number of times 👀 

The main thing I garnered from her original adoption video was that I believed she was more curious than afraid; this has proven to be true. 

The first weird thing that arrived was this plastic "cage" protecting a drainage/town water thing. After it arrived she spent more time in the smaller paddock looking across and essentially "asking" to go check it out, so we did. As you can see it is black, shaped weird, and ripples in the wind: potentially quite scary.


In the next few days we walked all around. Her take-it-all-in demeanor is awesome. I reassure her with lip touches.



As usual I had to discourage her from actually eating things. This time it was the concrete mix.
😆

No comments: