Tuesday, October 24, 2023

These Guys Come Itchy!!

 Great asset: the itchiness. 

Once she learned I could affect it, she kind of didn't leave me alone. Halter went on: first offering. Neck and butt scratches: she is following me. 

Herein however will be my first challenge. I prefer to stay "small" and use small cues. Once she started following and seeking scratches she was getting into "my space". I leaned toward her: nothing; I raised hands: nothing; I raised hands and waved them: nothing! Uh-Oh.... Decided I need a tool. Using some of the property-marker flags that I put along the back of the pen. When she leaned in too close I raised it and fluttered it until she took one (reluctant) step back; I immediately lowered my hand and gave her a release/reward. She licked and chewed. I did this a few times and will clearly need to keep doing it.


Leaning In:



Haltering:



Flagging:




No comments: