Monday, December 4, 2023

Stupid Human Tricks 2 - Plank

 About a week after I got Kai I made a pedestal to teach her to step up onto (and stay until I said to move). Kind of a precursor to stepping up into a trailer.

She figured it out crazy-fast and I rewarded with a carrot piece or two, and a lot of praise. She started getting greedy for the carrots however so I stopped then and there (with the plank and with the carrots).
But yesterday I brought the plank out again. No carrot. Before even getting it on the ground she was "chomping at the bit" - so eager to show me what she could do... and I didn't have to ask her...! She stepped up (with some pawing), but I only had a carrot piece over by her water tub, so I stopped the vid and went to go get a piece.


I hear noise and she is again (voluntarily) stepping onto the pedestal and staying, looking at me like, "well...???" ! I had to get phone out to catch it so I missed some.

So funny. She's a good girl; eager to learn (when carrots are involved anyway!!).



No comments: